After collecting a detailed client history to gain as much information about you as possible, your practitioner will determine the best plan for your care (whether it be acute pain management, change work or maintenance care)
Massage is administered in order to achieve the proven benefits of:
- improved circulation of Oxygen to the tissues, providing faster healing and recovery time. Passive management of acid/alkaline balance by helping the body to remove CO2 and other bi-products of muscle fatigue.
- improved lymph flow, providing a filtering function and delivering immune support more efficiently
- reduction of fibrous scar tissue and adhesions post-operatively and post injury
- mobilization of bi-products of muscle fatigue e.g. Lactic acid, and general toxic build up due to exposure to heavy metals , organic pollutants e.g. pesticides, solvents, etc
- reduction of pain and improved sense of well-being with increased endorphin flow.
- stress reduction and improved sense of wellbeing
- slow down the breathing and settle the nervous system
- relax and lengthen tight muscles e.g. neck and shoulder, jaw, lower back.
Remedial & Thai Massage
- deep tissue massage focused on specific muscle groups
- injury rehabilitation
- preventative care for athletes and repetitive work practices
- maintenance of range of movement and flexibility
- pain relief
- foot massage (Thai)
Pregnancy massage NB. After first tri-mester only
- relaxation for the mother and baby during 60 or 90 minutes of nurturing massage
- calms the nervous system
- assists circulatory and eliminatory systems, improving oxygen levels in the blood for mother and baby.
- helps to release muscles of the hips and lower back (e.g. sciatic pain) particularly in the last trimester.
- Important in Mother’s recovery after the baby is born and also during breast feeding to prevent muscle fatigue and soreness particularly between the shoulders.
Did you know that heavy metal contamination is considered to be one of the leading causes of cancer, cardio-vascular disease, neuro-vascular disease, and Autism?
FAR Infra-Red Sauna
- Eliminates heavy metals and organic pollutants such as pesticides and solvents. Perfect for detoxification support after amalgam removal, during cleansing programs and as a preventative measure against degenerative disease processes such as cancer and cardio-vascular disease.
- Mobilizes lactic acid from muscle fatigue (great after sport to speed up recovery)
- Improves circulation (particularly to the extremities) and lymphatic function
- Creates a false fever, stimulating the immune response and providing greater resilience to infection
- Supports the acid/ alkaline balance by helping the body to eliminate acid causing waste.
- Relaxes the nervous system
Kinesiology and Polarity Treatment
Both therapies look to help the body regain its energetic balance by activating specific reflex points and energetic pathways of the body. This allows the body to harness its innate healing capacity at emotional, physical and chemical levels.